Friday, May 21, 2010

Our new GIRL

Sorry.. it's been quite sometime since I last posted.  I guess I just needed to have some time to absorb and move on from the loss of our two dogs.
I've missed quite a bit, I'll be posting pics from Easter and Sierra at gymnastics in the next couple days just to try and get a little caught up.

But for tonight, let me start off with the fact that it was a very nice quiet, relaxed day.  I woke up this morning, the morning of the day of Pete and my 10th anniversary with the Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter song "Un-Birthday" in my head, only the words were something to the tune of "Have a very merry 10th Anniversary to me, to me", it was a little annoying but I had to laugh at the sentiment I was apparently feeling for the day.
After I dropped Sierra at school, I spent the morning doing a little bit of retail therapy, always fun, but ofcourse I also saw more that I wanted to get, but am currently low on funds, so I have my list for after next paycheck purchases.
I came home and vegged out on the couch with Pete, (he was relaxing by playing some sort of war game on the x-box360 with his brother Dale, who was playing on-line with him), tried to take a small nap, but Ivan's love of MOM kept him constantly climbing on/bumping into or cuddling next to me.  I finally gave up and went to the bedroom where I promptly turned on the laptop and watched the latest episode of BONES.  At some point Pete came in and promptly fell asleep, poor guy worked all night, but made it to about 1:35ish before zonking. 
I then ran to get the kids and drop them at my friends house, afterwich I zoomed back to the house and woke Pete up at 3:30 so that we could get ready to go get our new family member. 

We got another blue Weimaraner, but this time it's a beautiful baby girl.  We got Hermes when he was 9 weeks, and our little girl is only 5 weeks, what a difference.  We tossed a few names around and the one we both agreed on was Mike.  All of the greek/olympian god names were a bit to long or just didn't fit.  So we started to think about German names since Weims are German.  Ofcourse Pete offered up the name Duchess, (The name of the dog, ARCHER's code name was based on).  I promptly laughed but nixed it because everytime I heard it, it reminded me of the Cat from Aristocats.  Then since we were talking about names from television, the movie Eurotrip came to mind, and we agreed on Mike - pronounced Mee-kah.
Here are the pics I took of her when we got back to the house, enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. Mandi, she's so sweet! All cuddling with her daddy. Mike and I can't wait to meet her. First we need to reclaim our babies tomorrow.
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete