Friday, January 22, 2010

Rain, Rain go away!!

Most people who know me, know how much I love the rain!  I love the smell, the sound, cloud cover, the way it seems to wash everything clean, the cool crispness in the air when there is a break in the rain.  I love it all, I'd have been a very good Seattle person!

However, when the rain comes and comes and comes, it is not a good thing cause the dear husband never got around to fixing the roof.  Now for the 2nd time, my bedroom wall paint is filling with large fist sized water bubbles.  So we get to go pop them to drain the water, and out ofcourse comes the milky mixture of rain water and plaster.  When it gets wet enough sometimes the paint just peels off like a bad wallpaper.  I'm SOOOoooo NOT happy.  Then ofcourse I slept with Sierra in her bed last night because, the vent above mine decided to have a quadruple leak.  Somehow, somewhere the water is getting inside the vent and draining down right on top of the middle and my side of the bed, leaving only Pete's side uncovered by towels and bowls.  And god love the man, but he wasn't going to be the gentleman and give up his space to sleep on the couch.

I'm venting of course, but it just ticks me off, because I've already scraped, spackled and re-painted the bedroom once, because Pete wasn't doing it, I got tired of looking at it after a few months.  Plus Pete bought everything he needed to fix the roof back in Aug/Sept and it's just been sitting in the shed ever since.  Just venting, venting, venting.  I know he's been busy and that friends/family were supposed to come help him do it, and that never happened.  It just sucks soo much.  I'm now glad I splurged and bought the bottle of wine to go with dinner tonight, because I've thrown that sucker in the freezer to get chilled and I'm popping it open early.

I'll get a nice glass, and start a new puzzle, I'm NOT going to think about the damage to my walls, roof, bedding, or the lack of sleeping in the comfort of my own bed.  The forcast says it'll be rainy all week long.  So bring on the wine, and I'll just breathe.

1 comment:

  1. ooh, i would go buy a few more bottles if i were you. & a dart board using a very large picture of, hhmm, *someone* as the board. lol. wow, pop it open early for sure!

    ReplyDelete