I hope everyone's New Year celebration was fun!! We enjoyed time spent down at my brothers house. It was a nice night spent with family and friends. Ofcourse I managed to fall asleep on the couch around 11 and woke up during the countdown, lol!
We're in the second day of BACK to SCHOOL for Sierra, and getting back into the grove of things, seems to me to get harder and harder to do with each passing year, (as though I've been doing it for more than 2yrs, right!)
I noticed during our 2-week winter break that no matter if I went to bed at midnight or at 9pm I still don't want to get up before 9am in the morning. Setting the alarm for 7am at the latest to get Sierra to school by 8am, is quite the trial for me right now.
In addition to working on correcting my sleep schedule, I also returned to the gym today (First time in 3-weeks). Which is far better than the 2-month hiatus I took off in 2008. Even with the shorter hiatus period I still end up feeling faint halfway through class, something that happened after my preious yrs break too!
In 2008 I was going to the gym 5 days a week, then I took a 2 month break over the holidays returning in January. The first class back I have to leave halfway through and cool down in the locker-room otherwise I'd have passed out. SO-problem assessed, fix - start eating breakfast in the mornings (something I never used to do unless it was the weekend). SO knowing that I would go back to the gym this morning I ate a small breakfast, but apparently my iron was still too low, because I'm having the same problem even with eating something before hand now. I guess I'll start trying to take iron supplements again. Let's see if I can do it this time without gagging!
I'm not sure why, today of all days I decided to start spring cleaning. The other day I looked at the bookcase and thought I should go through it and get rid of some of the books, I've no intention to read. You'd think I'd say I should get rid of the books that I have read too! But unfortunately I find I enjoy most of the books I read and then I think I need to keep them, so that I can read them again in the future. Some of which I do read over again, and again. However, Pete said that he was going to get me an e-book reader pretty soon. I already have a lot (I mean A LOT) of e-books. That I read off my laptop or his computer. I know that probably about 75% of what is occupying my bookshelves, I also have in e-reader format. So now the question is, do I sell the hardbacks that I've been collecting of my Fave authors and simply keep them on e-reader, or do I hold on to the tangible evidence of the written word? And allow them to continue to take up space on the bookshelves. I've firmly decided in my mind to "lose" all the books including hardbacks of my UN-fave authors, and simply make sure I have the book in e-reader before letting them go. But books to me are very important. My brother calls me insane because my sister-n-law can loan me a 400+ page book on Saturday morning and I'll give it back to her on Sunday morning, completely read. I feel that reading - no matter the author - is much like watching a movie play out inside my head. I get so drawn into them sometimes (if its super good) that Pete will physically wrestle books out of my hand and hide them from me, so that I'll stop reading, and make dinner, lol!
So at any rate I'm spring cleaning and I made myself a list of 25 things to do today, before Pete gets home tomorrow. Most of which involve cleaning of some kind. I've only done 12 things on my list and this is the first time I've sat down today (5:30pm). Between dropping Sierra off at school, the gym, paying bill (physically going to Kohl's), coming home to clean (which inevitably turns into organizing as well (can I never do things the simple way), picking Sierra up from school, coming home to clean some more, playing phone tag with family and friends and now finally sitting down to write this (which I started to write in my head while cleaning I might add), I can admit that I'm beat. I've been wanting to sit down for I don't know how long, but I didn't, cause I had that feeling today that if I sat down, the rest of my list would be done for, cause it wouldn't be getting done. I admit I was right, now that I've sat, I really don't think I'll be doing anything other than making dinner tonight.
AND OFCOURSE I just got a call from Pete, and guess what he's on his way home! Half of me says YEA! The other half says CRAP! I've only gotten around half of the things done, that I wanted before he came home, since for some reason I rarely get the cleaning bug when he's home, I highly doubt much else will be getting done. I know I'm not going to want to even move tomorrow after body works this morning. OH WELL! Light bulb moment - I have nothing defrosted for dinner, won't he be thrilled with Ramon soup. OMG!
Today, I believe, especially with the way I feel right now, would be a could time to share a quote I found today while going through my bookcase.
"We have hints that there is a way of life vastly richer and deeper than all this hurried existance, a life of unhurried serenity and peace and power. If only we could slip over into that center!"
Thomas Kelly circa 1941
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment